Biodex Balance System
In the United States alone, one in three people age 65+ fall each year. The most common cause of falls includes weak muscles, unstable balance, dizziness, vision problems, side effects from medications and environmental hazards. Studies show that balance training, gait, strength and flexibility training not only help improve mobility and confidence, but help reduce the risk of falling.
The Biodex Balance System offers several unique training modules to help you maintain and improve your balance over time, including:
- Postural Stability Training - helps train your body to maintain ideal posture.
- Maze Control Training - improves your body's fine motor control skills.
- Weight Shift Training - helps your body to find and hold its center of gravity.
- Random Control Training - teaches your body to keep pace with varying levels of movement.
- Limits of Stability Training - trains your body to maintain its balance.
- Percentage Weight Bearing Training - determines weight-bearing capabilities using pre-set target zones.
|SIX INTERACTIVE TRAINING MODES: STATIC AND DYNAMIC|
|Postural Stability Training
Emphasize specific movement patterns or strategies by placing markers anywhere on the screen. Score reflects how many times a target is hit.
|Maze Control Training
This defined movement pattern encourages proprioception and motor control. Add or subtract sections to vary the challenge.
|Weight Shift Training
Patients are challenged to shift and control their center of gravity within two parallel lines. Changing the width of the lines controls the degree of difficulty. Score is kept to track progress.
|Random Control Training
An undefined movement pattern where the patient is challenged to keep pace with a moving target. Target size and movement speed can be varied to match skill level. Ideal for motor control and vestibular training.
|Limits of Stability Training
Challenges the patient's balance within their sway envelope. Progressively increase sway envelope over time.
Target zones change color when within % weight bearing targets.